Belden Australia has introduced a new FiberExpress Brilliance field-installable connector that allows fibre optic terminations to be made in less than five seconds.
The patent-pending FiberExpress Brilliance connector is the only fibre optic connector in the marketplace to overcome the key challenges of connector installation in the field. These connectors provide a quick and greatly simplified tool-less fibre termination process, and the ability to quickly and reliably verify the termination once it's made.
The fibre optic connectors offer unmatched reliable performance even when used in environments with temperatures ranging from -40°C to +75°C.
Simple and sophisticated connectors
The design of the new Belden FiberExpress Brilliance connector enables contractors to terminate a tight buffered fibre in just three simple steps:
- Insert the fibre into the connector
- Using the index finger, slide the connector's switch-like activator towards the fibre to be terminated to bring about the splice/crimp
- Slide the boot on the connector body
Using a break-out kit, Brilliance field-installable connectors can be used for loose tube fibre installations so that installers can achieve the same reliability and improved fibre yields as with tight buffered terminations.
On-site installation assurance can easily be achieved with the use of an external laser light source. A light can be seen through the clear window on the connector body until a fibre has been properly terminated.
Applications of FiberExpress Brilliance connectors:
- Can be used as a backbone, horizontal or fibre-to-the-desk (FTTD) component in any commercial building, government agency or data centre
- Ideal for use in the field connectorisation of high-speed optical fibre networks such as 10G Ethernet as well as the more challenging 40G/100G networks of the future
- Guaranteed optimal performance and reliability along with labour savings and ease of use when used with Belden's FiberExpress Ultra Patch Panel, an ultra-high density, flexible and easy-to-install patch panel system
- Saves time, labour and out-of-pocket costs
- No special/ proprietary tools required
- Lower material costs and zero connector waste since the connector can be re-terminated up to 5 times
- Installation kits are less complex and less expensive
- Training costs are significantly reduced
- 100% installation yield guarantee
Belden delivers superior quality signal transmission solutions for multiple applications in industrial automation, data centres, broadcast studios, aerospace, cutting-edge wireless communications and consumer electronics.