Belden has introduced a new family of Solar Cables designed to support renewable energy initiatives. The cables are UL Type PV approved (UL 4703 USE-2 Rated) for use as the interconnection wiring of grounded and ungrounded photovoltaic power systems.
Belden Solar Cables link together the solar panels found on solar farms, making the cables key to the transmission of electric energy from the solar panels to the transformers at the local energy storage substation and ultimately to the power grid and its commercial and residential electricity users.
Adam Callender, Belden's regional manager South Pacific, said Belden fully supports today's clean and green technology goals, including the goal to expand the proliferation of solar energy, wherever feasible.
"Our new line of Solar Cables is just the beginning, signalling an ongoing plan to develop and bring to market additional green technology products over the coming months. All our alternative energy solutions will, of course, reflect Belden's long-standing commitment to quality and consistency in product design and manufacturing," he said.
Features of the solar cables include:
- The cables meet the VW-1 flame test, are CE approved and RoHS compliant.
- 18 to 8 AWG, single soft annealed tinned stranded copper conductors.
- XLPE insulation and sunlight-resistant black PVC jackets.
- Optional construction available for 2000 VRMS RHW-2.
- Belden's new Solar Cables are rated UL Type PV (photovoltaic) UL 4703 and USE-2.
- Temperature rating from -40°C to 90°C.
- A maximum operating voltage of 600 or 1000 VRMS (UL PV) or 1000 VRMS (CSA RW 90).
Belden is represented in Australia by Belden Australia .