Belden Australia , a provider of signal transmission solutions, has released new ruggedised networking solutions for Australia's smart grid communications infrastructure.
Adam Callender, Belden regional manager Australia/New Zealand, said the company has a full range of substation-grade Ethernet components for industrial Ethernet and other networking protocols.
All Belden's substation-grade Ethernet infrastructure components are ruggedly constructed to withstand the severe environmental hazards under which they must operate. The products are designed to deliver high performance and 99.999% reliability over the long term, as well as the high bandwidth and high level of network security so critical today.
Installed and integrated across the entire 'smart grid' communications infrastructure, Belden's standards-based, field-proven solutions can help power companies and their partners achieve seamless real-time information flow across power generation, transmission, distribution and management functions.
Substation-ready signal transmission products and solutions for industrial Ethernet include:
- Hirschmann terminated fibre optic and UTP media.
- Belden TrayOptic and FiberExpress fibre optic cables and connectivity.
- Hirschmann switches, security/firewall devices and networking software.
- Hirschmann BAT WAN/LAN wireless systems.
- Belden DataTuff Category 6 and 5e cables.