The ST-series of connectors in Belden's range of Hirschmann products has been providing reliable power supply for over four decades.
Since 1971, well over a hundred million of Hirschmann’s ST-series connectors have been produced, creating a new milestone on the product’s 40th birthday.
Used as the standard for a wide range of applications such as providing power for electric awnings, blinds and shutters, lighting technology and the medical sectors, Hirschmann’s ST-series connectors still retain practically the same original design while offering reliability, ease of installation and a long operational life.
The ST-series includes cable plugs and panel-mounted connectors together with their respective sockets. The connectors are available in moulded cable or field-attachable versions, and customer-specific variants are supplied on request.
Field-attachable connectors are suitable for cross-section diameters of up to 1.5mm. They can be attached rapidly and securely using screw or crimp terminals without the need for any special tools. Strain relief is provided by a PG11 cable gland and an interior cable clamp.
Product Manager Hartmut Unverricht comments that the power connectors have proven their reliability time and time again over the last 40 years in both indoor and outdoor applications.
Key features of Hirschmann’s ST-series connectors:
- Maximum rated voltage of AC 400 V/DC 250 V, with rated current of up to AC 16 A/DC 10 A
- 4 connector versions with different numbers of poles available (2+PE, 3+PE, 4+PE, 5+PE)
- Offered in moulded cable or field-attachable versions in addition to customer-specific variants
- Compact connector housing made of polyamide offers resistance to lubricants, ozone and UV radiation
- Compliance with IP54 protection class requirements
- VDE and UL approvals
- Designed for a temperature range of -30ºC to +90ºC
- Safety bracket ensures reliable connection even during strong vibrations
Hirschmann’s ST-series connectors are available in Australia through Belden Australia .