Registration is now open for a major Belden Australia event designed to impart essential skills for mission critical signal transmission infrastructure to participants.
The 2011 Hirschmann Network Design Seminar provides several high quality training options to fit specific levels of expertise while positioning attendees at the forefront of network design. Belden's mission critical Network Design Seminar focuses only on industrial Ethernet networking.
Expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining industrial Ethernet networks will become critical as intelligent use of data will be the primary criteria for market leadership. Belden’s seminar will position attendees at the forefront of industrial Ethernet networking through a combination of lectures with hands-on labs to reinforce lecture topics.
The Hirschmann Network Design Seminar offers 16 different technical sessions and nine hands-on labs to enable attendees to customise their schedule appropriately.
Experienced presenters will speak on technical topics ranging from isolating network traffic to implementing redundancy and network security.
The seminar is designed for anyone involved in the design, implementation and maintenance of mission critical Ethernet networks in industries including:
- Process automation: Oil & gas, petrochemical, metals and mining, food and beverage, pulp and paper, and automotive
- Infrastructure: Water and wastewater, transport automation for metro/ subway/ high-speed rail systems, intelligent traffic systems and building automation
- Power generation and distribution: Power stations, wind farms and substation automation
Topics at the 2011 Hirschmann Network Design Seminar:
- Network Design I: Fundamentals & Best Practices
- Network Design II: Implementing Redundancy
- Network Design III: Managing Multicast Traffic
- Network Design IV: Isolating Network Traffic
- Network Design V: Wireless Best Practices and Applications
- Network Security
- Network Management
- Switch Selection: Choosing the right product for your application
- Cool things your switch can do that you don't know about
- IEC 61850
- Ethernet Cabling: Your Questions Answered
- Fibre Optic Cabling
- Industrial Ethernet Cabling (Non-Ethernet Applications)
- Managed switches ‘Out of the box’
- Network Management with Industrial HiVision
- Network Redundancy
- Layer 3/ Routing Basics
- Layer 3/ Routing Advanced
- Network Security
Belden designs, manufactures and markets cable, connectivity and networking products in markets including industrial automation, enterprise, transportation, infrastructure and consumer electronics.