Hirschmann PoE/PoE Plus modules occupy only one unit of space while offering users a high concentration of PoE or PoE Plus ports, demonstrating Belden's leadership position in industrial network technology.
The Hirschmann PoE/PoE Plus modules incorporate eight Fast Ethernet ports (10/100 BASE-TX) to provide either 15.4-watt (PoE) or 30-watt (PoE Plus) operation, with PoE Plus functionality available to four of the unit’s eight ports.
Two PoE/PoE Plus modules can be used with each Hirschmann MACH100 switch for a total availability of 16 ports per switch, all of which can be operated simultaneously to provide total power up to 120 watts.
For additional flexibility, the module’s PoE Plus ports can power devices with higher power requirements such as IP pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras, Voice over IP (VoIP) videophones or multiband WLAN access points.
Key features of Hirschmann PoE/PoE Plus modules:
- User-friendly operation via LEDs at each port that signal PoE or PoE Plus operation
- 48V DC (PoE) or 52V DC (PoE Plus) power is secured through use of an external power supply that is connected via twisted pairs to the unit’s three-pin terminal block
- Plug-and-play, hot-swappable modules are shielded to protect against electrostatic discharges, magnetic fields and interference
- Network management software and web interface are available to facilitate easy configuration and diagnostics
Key features of Hirschmann MACH100 switches:
- Modular Fast Ethernet switches support Profinet and EtherNet/IP
- Can be used to network workgroups via copper or fibre optic cables while connecting them to the backbone via two Gigabit combo ports
- Operates in a temperature range of 0ºC to +50ºC
- Offers extensive management and redundancy procedures, and a variety of functions for configuration and diagnostics
- Fanless cooling system and redundant power supply