Belden Australia announces the introduction of a new range of Ethernet switches with integrated PRP and HSR redundancy protocols.
Belden has extended its Hirschmann product program to include Ethernet switches from its new RSP family, which offer redundancy with zero switchover time.
Especially designed for use in the field-level networks of power supply companies, Hirschmann Ethernet switches can also be used in any situation that requires uninterrupted communication such as mechanical engineering projects or drives for production facilities.
In addition to the standard configuration, Hirschmann also offers a version that supports highly precise synchronisation compliant with IEEE 1588v2, plus PRP (Parallel Redundancy Protocol) and HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy).
The new Hirschmann Ethernet switches allow the implementation of networks that guarantee uninterrupted data communications with the attached systems.
The new RSP family of Hirschmann Ethernet switches enables Belden to expand Ethernet to cover the field-level networks of electricity supply companies.
Product manager Jürgen Schmid explains that the new Hirschmann RSP switches give users maximum security and uninterrupted access to their applications’ data communications.
Key features of Belden’s Hirschmann Ethernet switches:
- Extremely robust fanless switches with 11 ports, three of which can be used for SFP transceivers
- 3 ports support Fast (100 BASE-FX) or optionally Gigabit Ethernet (100/1000 BASE-FX)
- 8 ports can be used either for 100 BASE-TX or as a combination of four SFP transceivers and four TX ports
- Comprehensive management, diagnostic and filter functions
- Variety of redundancy methods and expanded security mechanisms
- High vibration resistance and extensive resilience to magnetic fields and electrostatic discharges
- Redundancy methods such as PRP, HSR and PRP/HSR Redundancy Box, RSTP, MRP and Fast MRP ensure high network availability
- Mounted on DIN rails, the switches can easily be activated by plug and play
- Sturdy, compact stainless steel housings measure 100mm W x 164mm H x 116mm D