Belden Australia adds the new Profibus DP connectors to its range of Lumberg Automation products. Each of the connectors has a D-Sub and M12 interface, and is offered with 35º, 90º or 180º cable outlets.
The new Profibus DP connectors from Belden’s Lumberg Automation product range enable fast and secure data transmission in addition to ensuring tool-free installation as the shielding no longer has to be attached manually.
All versions support data rates of up to 12 Mbit/s and feature compact die-cast zinc housing with test socket and activatable terminating resistor.
Key features of Profibus DP connectors:
- Quick-connection technology enables Profibus DP devices to be connected with M12 Profibus cord sets simply and securely without the use of tools
- Resultant reduction in downtime of machinery and equipment increases production efficiency
- Device meets IP30 requirements and is suitable for use in temperature ranges from -20º to +70ºC
- Special shielding geometry and die-cast zinc housing ensure error-free and loss-free data transmission
- 9-pole D-Sub interfaces of the male and female connectors can be used to connect high-level control systems, decentralised I/O stations, programming units or diagnostic devices
- B-coded M12 interfaces serve as a Profibus input or output
- Signals can be daisy-chained via the output
- Terminating resistor of the connectors can be activated via a slide switch