Belden Australia announces the addition of four Perle Systems' IOLAN DS serial Ethernet converters to the Hirschmann product line.
Belden is a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications.
The serial Ethernet converters can be easily configured through the Perle Device Manager, which enables the connection of end devices to Ethernet networks.
Key features of the serial Ethernet converters:
- Robust metal housings and fanless cooling
- Suits applications such as discrete manufacturing, processing operations, power generation/distribution and building automation
- All IOLAN DS serial converters feature a minimum of one Ethernet port and software-selectable RS 232/422/485 serial interfaces
- Meets stringent IEC safety (IEC 60950-1) and EMC (EN 61000) standards
- Supports various protocols for serial data transmission including MODBUS TCP Gateway and Raw Serial Data over UTP, IPv4 and IPv6
IOLAN DS Ethernet Converter Series is available in four types:
- IOLAN DS1 T is a compact device that can be mounted directly on a wall or DIN rail using an optional adapter
- IOLAN SDS4 HL features several security functions, includes four serial interfaces for RJ45 ports and has a special coating that protects against condensation
- IOLAN SDS3 M has three serial RJ45 interfaces and is equipped with a V.92/V.90 modem that enables the converter to be connected to wide area networks
- IOLAN SDS16C HV is an IP30 converter built for use in switch cabinets and comes with 16 serial RJ45 interfaces and two RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet ports
According to Adam Callender, Belden's regional manager, Australia/New Zealand, the partnership with the industry's premier serial and I/O connectivity systems supplier, Perle Systems not only gives Belden a new capability in serial-to-Ethernet conversion for any number of applications, but also enables them to provide complete, end-to-end Ethernet system products and support.