The 600V UL instrumentation tray cables consist of cables with soft annealed bare or tinned copper conductors and with PVC-Nylon insulation, 90ºC PVC jacket, TFN, TFFN or THHN style singles and a Nylon rip cord in all PVC-Nylon/PVC versions.
Suitable for use in wet or dry locations, the tray cables feature cable jackets that are resistant to sunlight, moisture and vapour penetration.
The UL instrumentation tray cables are also ideal for use in raceways, outdoor applications and direct burial applications.
Belden offers all PVC-Nylon/PVC, XLPE/PVC and XLPE/CPE jacketed tray cables optionally with a TC-ER (Exposed Run) rating, formerly referred to as Open Wiring.
According to NEC (2005) Article 336, TC-ER rated cables may be installed in an industrial establishment between a cable tray and the utilisation equipment or device.
TC-ER rated cables must meet the crush and impact requirements of UL Type MC cables.
Using TC-ER rated cables eliminates the need for metal conduit and/or armour, resulting in savings in installation and maintenance costs.
Belden’s UL instrumentation cables are available in various insulation and jacket options.
Key features of Belden UL instrumentation tray cables:
- Shielding options including unshielded, overall foil shielded and individually foil shielded/overall shielded configurations are available
- Individual pair shields are fully isolated from each other and contain a separate drain wire for grounding to protect against crosstalk and common mode interference
- Cables with an overall shield provide additional electrostatic noise protection
- Cables with an overall shield are recommended for use in instrumentation applications where signals are transmitted in excess of 100 millivolts except in areas where high voltage and current sources create excessive noise interference
- Twisted non-shielded instrument pairs provide a minimal diameter allowing greater tray and conduit fill
- Non-shielded instrument pairs may be utilised when recommended by the instrument manufacturer and used in a metallic conduit
The 600V TC instrumentation cables can be customised with armour and a full-size ground.
Belden UL 600V Instrumentation Cables Meet All Applicable Specifications:
- UL Subject 1277 TC
- UL 1685 (UL 1581) Vertical Tray Flame Test comparable to IEEE 383-1974 (70,000 BTU/hr) Flame Test
- NEC Type TC Listed, which is approved for cable tray use in Class 1, Division 2 areas, per NEC Articles 340, 318 and 501 and for Class 1 circuits as permitted in Article 725
- PVC-Nylon/PVC constructions are NEC Type NPLF Listed, which is approved for use in Non Power-limited Fire Protective Signalling circuits, per NEC Article 760
- PVC-Nylon/PVC, XLPE/PVC and XLPE/CPE constructed cables meet IEEE 1202/IEEE 383-2003/FT4 (70,000 BTU) Flame Test
- XLPE/Haloarrest LSZH jacketed cables are UL 1277 TC-LS (limited smoke) rated