COMPRESSED air is one of the most expensive forms of energy. A large share of the energy cost is due to leaks in the compressed air system.
With energy costs increasing rapidly more companies are paying closer attention to the compressed air energy costs.
Many plant engineers are not aware that:
* Up to 85% of the compressed air systems operating costs are energy costs.
* In a typical compressed air plant 30% of the compressors output will be supplying air leaks.
The new CS Instruments VA 300 compressed air flowmeter from Basil V R Greatrex enables a reliable and accurate measurement of flow and air consumption in compressed air and various non-explosive gases.
The VA 300 compressed air flowmeter can be installed without the need to shut the compressed air system down. It is much quicker and easier to install than other types of compressed air flowmeters.
Carrying out a compressed air system audit using the VA 300 compressed air flowmeter will enable you to:
* Accurately identify the quantity of air leakage in various units and thus the cost to the company of the air loss.
* Accurately apportion the cost of compressed air to different production areas.
* Accurately carry out air dryer load analyses to enable the correct dryer to be installed.
* Optimise your compressed air plant usage.
Contact Basil V R Greatrex to find out how easy it is to use the VA 300 compressed air flowmeter to carry out a full compressed air system flow audit on your plant today.