THE DP 300 compressed air dewpoint monitor available from Basil VR Greatrex allows users to measure the moisture level of a compressed air system.
Water in compressed air causes many problems including:
* Many parts of the system corroding leading to rust particles in the system and eventual leakage points.
* The lubricating film on moving parts to break leading to erratic production and mechanical faults.
* Bubbles to appear under the surface of spray painted/powder coated items
* Contamination of powders and tablets in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Contamination of food products.
There are several different methods of drying compressed air:
* Refrigerated air dryers having pressure dewpoints of 3°C to 10°C
* Desiccant air dryers having pressure dewpoints of -70°C to -20°C
* Membrane air dryers having pressure dewpoints of -70°C to +10°C
The term "pressure dewpoint" is a measure of how much water is in compressed air. This is measured using a compressed air dewpoint monitor. Low dewpoint has many potential advantages, including:
* Improved and consistent product quality.
* Increased production due to reduced number of breakdowns.
* Reduced energy consumption due to a lower pressure loss caused by leakages and friction.
* Decreased maintenance costs.
The DP 300 monitor is a portable dewpoint monitor that will enable users to:
* Accurately and easily identify the moisture level of a compressed air system at different locations around the plant.
* Accurately monitor the output of a compressed air dryer to ensure that it is performing efficiently.
The DP 300 monitor has a built in display and can measure the dewpoint in °C, relative humidity, and the compressed air temperature. It has a rechargeable battery and comes ready to use.