Developed for one of Australia’s largest retail companies for use in their new ‘mega’ distribution centres around the country, Barrier Group’s channel rails were designed based on the client’s brief for a system that was completely modular, required no on-site welding during installation and needed only basic hand tools to replace damaged components.
The primary objective of the channel rail system was to protect pedestrians from forklift tines on the site. Pedestrian safety is accomplished by using an outwardly facing galvanised channel measuring 200mm high by 6mm thick to trap the fork tines and prevent them from deflecting up and into the pedestrian traffic.
The post and rails are powder-coated in safety yellow.
Key features of the channel rails:
- Quick and simple to install
- Completely modular design
- Post and rails powder coated safety yellow
- All components are hot dip galvanised
- All fixings supplied
- Full range of spare parts available
- Protects lower limbs from fork tines
- Can be customised if required
- Description: Modular forklift separation system
- Posts: 60.3mm dia. x 1020mm high with 3.6mm wall
- Rails: 30 x 60 x 1.6mm galvanised oval tube
- Finish: Safety yellow powder coat
- Channel: Heavy duty 200 x 75 x 6mm channel with galvanised finish
- Weight: Posts 7.4kg/ Rails 2kg per metre/ Channel 15.5kg per metre
- Installation: 3 off 12 x 60mm masonry anchors per post (supplied)