BALLUFF-Leuze has introduced the ultimate safety mat system -- the new series from Pinnacle -- with STTS technology to sense various situations of the object or person that comes in contact with the safety mat.
The mat is recommended for workplaces that require safety devices to prevent hazardous happenings; for its high efficiency in safety; and the fact that it doesn't take space and can be custom cut.
Soft Tactile Transducer Sensor (STTS) technology
The STTS system is a tactile sensor that provides information regarding the distribution and magnitude of tactile force applied to its surface. This patented technology involves the continuous and variable measuring of tactile forces of pressure.
In some respects, tactile sensing for electro-mechanical devices is analogous to the human sense of touch-information about the amount and distribution of tactile pressure over a surface can be received and transmitted.
When an object comes in contact with the sensor, tactile sensing provides information about the object's shape, texture, position, orientation, deformation, centre of mass, and presence of torque or slippage.
Controller features and benefits
* Safety Category 4 design controller provides the user with message display diagnostics needed to maintain productivity and reduce downtime.
* Individual mat diagnostics and indicators offer the unique ability to indicate open circuits on individual mats to make diagnostics easier.
* Compact size -- designed for safety mat layouts of up to eight mats.
* Rugged design -- for tough industrial environments with an enclosure rated IP65 and NEMA 12 or Din-rail mount.
* Multiple power inputs and operation modes accommodates a variety of power requirements, including 120V ac, 240V ac and 24V dc and two modes of operation (automatic restart and guard only) in one unit.
* One, two or three zone.
* Designed to meet UL, CE and CUL requirements.
* Designed to meet or exceed ANSI B11.19-2003, UL 508-1999, EN 1760-1-1998.