Baldor Australia Pty Ltd introduces the MintMT Continuous Clutch Follows, one of the company’s many motion control products suitable for many different applications, from single to multi-axis machine control.
Irregularly spaced products need to be correctly spaced for insertion into a flighted conveyor. In these Clutch Follows, an encoder from the flighted conveyor is fed into the auxiliary axis of the motion controller and a sensor detects the position of the flight. A second sensor determines the position of the product (which is fed into a high speed position latch on the controller). The infeed conveyor locks position with the outfeed conveyor using the Mint Follow command. When the product is detected, it's position is calculated in relation to the next flight. A positional move (using the Mint Offset keyword) advances or retards the product into the flight.
Some of the features of the the MintMT Continuous Clutch Follows include:
- Auxiliary encoder for product synchronisation
- Position lock to conveyor using Follow
- Positional offset over base speed using Offset
- High speed position latch to accurately measure product position
- Comms array to pass recipe data to and from a PLC or HMI
- In the configuration shown, the analogue output from the Motion Motion Module can be used to control the inverter speed on the input conveyor.