DODGE MagnaGear XTR gear reducers deliver superior torque densities to simplify design and integration while achieving significant weight-saving and space-saving design.
The gear reducers can deliver torque density up to 450,000Nm in a compact and versatile footprint.
Based on advanced planetary gear technology, the DODGE MagnaGear XTR gear reducers are modular in design and can achieve size reductions of 25% or more in larger capacity reducers compared with helical or bevel gearing systems. This feature significantly simplifies equipment design for engineers and equipment OEMs.
Daniel Vera, Managing Director of Baldor Australia says that the benefits and reliability of planetary gearing have been well proven with the DODGE CST, a 2-in-1 reducer and hydro-viscous clutch drive now operating in more than 2000 long-haul conveying applications around the world.
He adds that the MagnaGear XTR is an extension of Baldor’s considerable experience in delivering heavy gearing solutions with several features incorporated in the product that places it far ahead in the market.
Key features of DODGE MagnaGear XTR gear reducers
- Higher specification bearings exceeding L10 life standards
- Monoblock cast iron housings up to 175,000Nm
- Oversized inspection covers for easy access and maintenance
- Four-side mounting
- Carburised hardened and ground gears
- Tandem HNBR lip seals
- Oil sampling ports
- Provision for 3-axis vibration monitoring
- Internal backstop design
- Optimised thermal dissipation
- Available in parallel shaft or right angle drive configurations
- Available in five helical sizes from 12,000Nm to 45,000Nm and nine planetary sizes up to 450,000Nm
The DODGE MagnaGear XTR offers a highly versatile solution for many common high volume bulk handling applications in minerals processing and mining, loading/unloading facilities, power generation, cement production, quarry, timber, pulp, paper and heavy industry.
Engineered accessories available with the DODGE MagnaGear XTR gear reducers include internal lift-off style backstops, cooling systems, rigid couplings, torque arms, swing base mounts, tunnel housings and base plates.