Baldor Australia Pty Ltd leads the conveyor drives supply market with its highly successful DODGE CST and MAGNAGEAR XTR reducers and Reliance motors.
Bigger drives have led to a need for larger couplings, which is being met by DODGE’s expansive range of couplings.
Till recently, DODGE GRID-LIGN couplings ended with the 1140T size, which allowed for bores up to 7.25 inches.
With the addition of the tapered grid couplings, the DODGE GRID-LIGN couplings now go all the way up to size 1200T to provide solutions for attaching shafts from 0.5” to 13.00”.
The new DODGE couplings also offer an extensive range of torque capacity ranging from 52 Nm to 186425 Nm.
Key features of DODGE GRID-LIGN tapered grid couplings:
- Technologically advanced design with a metallic construction for best-in-class performance
- Power density, misalignment capability, flexibility and high quality construction
- Tapered grid element, combined with the contoured hub grooves transmits torque efficiently while accommodating misalignment and cushioning shock loads
- Hubs are manufactured from machined steel
- Grids are made from cold-worked alloy steel, quenched and tempered for additional strength and long life
- Available in close coupled, full spacer or half spacer configurations to fit the needs of multiple applications
- Offered with a variety of shaft attachment methods: interference fit, TAPER-LOCK bushed and clearance fit
Daniel Vera, Managing Director of Baldor Australia says that the extended DODGE GRID-LINE range allows them to offer the complete drive package for the largest overland conveyors.
He adds that motors, reducers, couplings, base, generators and drives are all available from the Baldor, Reliance, DODGE or Maska ranges.