Available from Backplane Systems Technology , the RMB-C2 is a range of rugged mobile servers designed for applications with high performance requirements in harsh environments.
The RMB-C2 rugged wireless servers are part of the CORE Systems product line and tightly integrate the electrical, thermal and mechanical components into a complete system with no compromise to any one segment.
The RMB-C2 wireless servers excel in demanding applications such as military, mining, drilling, energy generation systems and other applications where the cost of failure can be unacceptably high.
The RMB-C2 features careful circuit design, component selection, testing and superior heat dissipation to maximise reliability and minimise costly downtime in rugged environments. The high shock and vibration ratings make it ideal for use in mining, transportation and military applications.
Key features of the RMB-C2 wireless servers:
- Can be used as a central server, standalone CPU or remote terminal
- Full complement of I/O includes USB, CAN Bus, VGA, serial, video, audio, odometer and digital I/O ports
- Additional functionality can be implemented via expansion cards in the PC/104 and Mini PCI formats
- Long term reliability is ensured with best-in-class power supply
- Rejects load dumps, repeated transients and over voltage
- High density extrusion becomes the heat sink for the CPU and other heat-producing components
- Environmental sealing blocks dust and moisture entry
- Unique thermal design and industrial grade components allow fanless operation over a -40ºC to +75ºC operating temperature range
- Fully-developed platform designed to accelerate the design process and can be supplied with Windows XPe or Linux installed
- Modular design enables custom functionality with COTS convenience without large upfront costs
- UPS: Internal battery backup
- Flash Drive: 32GB – 128GB with SATA interface
- 802.11 b/g Wifi: FCC part 15.247 and CE certified with Mini PCI interface
- 16-channel GPS: -158 dBm sensitivity with PC104-Plus interface