Backplane Systems Technology presents the new RMB C2 rugged mobile computers by Octagon Systems.
A new line of rugged mobile servers designed for applications with severe environmental challenges and high performance expectations, RMB C2 mobile computers tightly integrate the electrical, thermal and mechanical components into a complete system with no compromise.
The RMB C2 is a fully-developed platform designed to accelerate design processes and can be supplied with Windows XPe or Linux installed.
Designed to operate in demanding environments, RMB C2 rugged mobile computers are suitable for applications in military, mining, drilling, energy generation and any area where the cost of failure can be unacceptably high. The high shock and vibration ratings of the mobile computers make them ideal for use in mining, transportation and military environments.
Features such as careful circuit design, component selection, testing and superior heat dissipation maximise reliability and minimise costly downtime.
Key features of RMB C2 rugged mobile computers:
- Can be used as a central server, standalone CPU or remote terminal
- I/Os include 2 x USB2.0, CAN Bus, VGA, serial, video, audio, odometer and digital I/O ports
- Expansion cards in the PC/104 and Mini PCI formats enable additional functionality to be implemented
- High-end power supply addresses electrical demands of vehicular power systems, rejecting load dumps, repeated transients and excess voltage
- High density extrusion functions as the heat sink for the CPU and other heat producing components
- Environmental sealing minimises dust and moisture entry
- Unique thermal design and industrial grade components allow fanless operation over a wide -40ºC to +75ºC temperature range