Backplane Systems Technology announces the release of a new mobile platform designed to deliver long-term reliability in rugged environments.
Designed for use in applications where severe environments meet high performance requirements, the new MOBL-D2 mobile platform maximises reliability and minimises costly downtime with its careful circuit design, component selection, testing and superior heat dissipation.
The unique design tightly integrates the electrical, thermal and mechanical components into a complete system with no compromise to any one segment. The fully developed and proven platform accelerates the design process.
The MOBL-D2 delivers excellent performance in demanding applications including police vehicles, trucking, emergency vehicles and transit systems where the cost of failure is unacceptably high.
Key features of MOBL-D2 mobile platform:
- Military connectors used for I/O enhances reliability where cable stress would damage PC style connectors
- Shock suppression system designed for 24/7 abuse
- Field-proven Octagon Hedgehog power supply technology provides superior protection against severe transients
- Rejects load dumps, repeated transients and overvoltage
- Allows fanless operation over a conservative -30°C to +70°C range by using components rated for -40°C to +85°C
- Can be supplied with Windows XPe or Linux pre–installed with all drivers