Backplane Systems Technology announces the award-winning BST-1850, a new range of multi-touch bedside terminals from iBASE designed for medical and nursing care requirements.
Designed as a high-performance, multi-function panel PC system, the BST-1850 multi-touch bedside terminal facilitates nursing care, real-time clinical data and medical records management. Besides bedside management and nursing care assistance, the bedside terminals can also be used as a patient leisure infotainment system by giving patients access to internet, gaming, music, video and email services.
In addition to allowing care personnel to view medical records in an instant, the terminals can also be used for enabling physician consultations between different divisions in hospitals or small clinics with the built-in webcam.
Key features of BST-1850 multi-touch bedside terminals:
- Built-in multi-touch panel with iPhone-level functionality
- Touch screen can be easily disinfected and cleaned for a medically sterile environment
- All plastics certified anti-bacterial, dust-proof, anti-alcohol wipe and chemically resistant
- Supports various I/O modules for connecting to webcam, speaker, IC card reader, 2D barcode reader and RFID
- Expandable to enable fingerprint scanners, IP phone or other peripherals