Backplane Systems Technology announces the release of Avalue's ECM-A50M 3.5-inch single board computers (SBCs) based on the new AMD eOntarion T40E CPU and A50M.
The AMD Embedded G-Series platform is a world-leading low power CPU and advanced GPU integrated into a single embedded Accelerated Processing Unit (APU).
The platform builds a new foundation for high performance multimedia content delivery in a small form factor and a power efficient platform for a broad variety of embedded designs.
Avalue’s ECM-A50M SBCs are able to meet the embedded market requests for low power consumption, providing customers a better choice for higher level graphics and system performance.
The SBCs are ideal for customers seeking embedded boards for high-performance multimedia applications in a small form factor for use in diverse environments such as POS/kiosk, digital signage, medical and transportation systems.
Key features of Avalue’s ECM-A50M SBCs:
- Adopts new 2nd generation of AMD eOntario T40E 1.0GHz CPU, which consumes only 9W of power
- With AMD A50M Controller Hub Hudson-M1, supports dual channel 18/24-bit LVDS (transfer through DDI) as well as CRT+LVDS, HDMI+LVDS, CRT+HDMI for multi-display configurations
- I/O interfaces include 2x SATA, 2x COM, 7x USB 2.0, 1x LPC, 16-bit GPIO (8-in and 8-out) and 4/5/8-wire built-in touch controller
- One 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM socket supports up to 4GB DDR3 1066 SDRAM
- 2x Realtek Gigabit interfaces and 1x mini-PCIe (mSATA supported) expansion slot provide faster networking communication
- AC97 Codec 7.1 channel audio offers Line-in, Line-out and Mic-in functions