Backplane Systems Technology announces the introduction of the new Avalue EBM-CDV, a range of embedded boards based on the next generation Intel Atom processor N2800 and D2700 series, and Intel NM10 Express chipset.
The newest Intel Atom processor series, formerly codenamed ‘Cedar Trail’ is based on Intel’s 32nm process technology, and features a two-chip platform, integrating the Northbridge chip with CPU, and advancing the Southbridge chip to a higher class.
Avalue’s Intel Atom processor N2000 and D2000 series embedded boards meet the embedded market requirement for low power consumption, and provide customers a better choice for higher level graphics and system performance.
The new embedded boards are ideal for high performance, multimedia and small form factor applications such as POS/ kiosk, digital signage and ordering machines as well as medical and transportation systems.
Key features of Avalue's EBM-CDV embedded boards:
- 5.25-inch embedded board
- Supports onboard DDR3 system memory with up to 4GB capacity in a 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM socket
- Supports dual channel 18/24-bit LVDS (with eDP) and multiple display configurations (CRT+LVDS, HDMI+LVDS or CRT+HDMI)
- Rich I/O deployment includes 1 x SATA, 6 x COM, 8 x USB 2.0 and 16-bit GPIOs
- One audio jack supports Realtek ALC892, 5.1-CH audio
- Two Intel 82574L Gigabit LANs and one expansion slot of mini PCIe card (support mSATA) are also supported