BW Technologies by Honeywell is a major supplier of gas detection equipment such as gas monitors and gas transmitters designed for industrial environments.
Honeywell has announced the introduction of the XNX, a universal gas transmitter that employs Honeywell Analytics’ full range of toxic and flammable gas sensing technologies including catalytic bead, electrochemical and infrared technologies.
The XNX universal gas transmitter also works with all major industrial communication protocols, including HART (standard) and Modbus (optional).
The XNX is designed to help protect people, property and environment from toxic and combustible gases in petrochemical as well as industrial environments including exploration and drilling platforms, production platforms, onshore oil and gas terminals, refineries and chemical plants, power plants, wastewater facilities and utility plants.
The new universal gas transmitter will save customers time as well as money on installation, maintenance and operation.
The advantage comes from a simple-to-use, low-maintenance universal platform that works with other safety equipment on a digital bus system, including the in-house Searchline Excel, Optima or other gas transmitters.
Key features of the XNX universal gas transmitter:
- The XNX enclosure is available in stainless steel or aluminum with a marine-grade coating
- Five threaded ports available in metric or NPT versions and ruggedized mounting options provide ultimate installation flexibility
- Instrumentation built on various sensing technologies can be attached locally to the transmitter or remotely with the appropriate accessories
- Internal components are designed to facilitate digital communication and sensor connections to the unit while protecting against dangerous electrical misconnections
- Serves the most demanding industrial environments with:
- Approvals from UL, CSA, ATEX and IECEx for hazardous locations
- IP66 rating to protect against dirt/ water ingress
- SIL2 Functional Safety rating
- User interface provides Alarm, Fault and configuration support via the large dot matrix display and LED indicators
- Icons supported by seven language selections are used to ensure ease of operation around the world
- HART protocol is supplied standard on the 4-20mA output and an optional local Hart Adapter is included for configuration and diagnostics using existing Hart handheld devices
- Can also be equipped with options such as Alarm and Fault Relays with remote reset or a Modbus digital interface to meet the needs of the most sophisticated installations
The XNX universal gas transmitter installs seamlessly to a digital communications network that has other safety equipment attached to it such as fire systems, alarms, strobes and cameras.
Device descriptor files registered with the HART communication foundation ensure fully compliant operation.
With XNX and supporting sensing technologies, virtually all gases used in the oil and gas industry can be detected by a single platform system.