“The range of advanced features on the Smootharc Advance MIG 200C, MIG 275C, MIG 275R and 350R models make it a genuine step up for general fabricators,” said Nic Bothma, Technical Manager Industrial Products at BOC.
“This is a whole design change. As an example, the Smootharc Advance MIG range now has infinite electronic induction coupled with an infinite voltage adjustment that makes it incredibly flexible, allowing it to adjust to almost any welding conditions and minimise spatter. In past models, only step-up voltage adjustment was available.”
Features of the Smootharc Advance MIG machines:
- All MIG machines come with a full set of drive rolls, for steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- The MIG machines also have improved tunnel design that keeps dust and grime away from electronic parts and maximises cooling
- At the most fundamental level, larger wheels make the units more portable and a lower slung cylinder tray makes placing G-sized cylinders on the machine much easier.
- A four roll drive system as opposed to the two roll system on earlier models.
- A move from a transformer based machine to an inverter based machine which makes the entire unit lighter.
- All machines now carry high-end Binzel torches. Binzel is Europe’s leading manufacturer of welding torches.
- 200C MIG machine and 275C MIG machine is a compact design with a built-in wire feeder and the 275R can deliver superb aluminium welding capability of up to 10mm in thickness.
- The 275R and 350R MIG machines come with a remote wire feeder and two interconnecting cables for a wider choice in operational flexibility