Robust Fieldbus Components from Beckhoff Automation
High EtherCAT performance is maintained right down to each IP 67 box
- Each box is a 100 % EtherCAT device and a self-contained EtherCAT slave, which can be connected directly to any other EtherCAT device via an Ethernet cable
- Robust design of the EtherCAT Box modules enables them to be used directly at the machine
- Control cabinets and terminal boxes are no longer required
- Fully sealed modules can withstand wet, dirty or dusty conditions
- Pre-assembled cables significantly simplify EtherCAT and signal wiring
- Commissioning is optimised
Depending on the application, the sensors and actuators are connected via M8 or M12 screw-type connectors or D-sub plugs.
The EtherCAT modules cover the typical range of requirements for IP 67 I/O signals: digital inputs with different filters (3.0 ms or 10 μs), digital outputs with 0.5 and 2 A output current, combination modules with freely selectable inputs or outputs, analog inputs and outputs with 16-bit resolution, thermocouple and RTD inputs, and stepper motor modules.
XFC (eXtreme Fast Control Technology) modules, including inputs with time stamp, are also available. BECKHOFF Automation information and contact details