BECKHOFF Automation presents a new multi-touch panel series featuring multi-touch display and a contemporary device design.
Designed for maximum flexibility, the new Beckhoff CP2xxx and CP3xxx control panels and panel PCs feature aluminium and stainless steel panels for robustness, making them suitable for use in harsh industrial conditions.
Widescreen panels in various sizes and resolutions are available in addition to the classic display sizes in 4:3 format.
The new widescreen display sizes include 7-inch with a resolution of 800 x 480, 15.6-inch with 1366 x 768, 18.5-inch with 1366 x 768 and 24-inch with the full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Display sizes in the 4:3 format include 12-inch with 800 x 600, 15-inch with 1024 x 768 and 19-inch with 1280 x 1024.
The new panel series also offers numerous advantages to single-touch users such as an optimised price-performance ratio with savings of up to 28% compared to previous devices.
Multi-finger touch screens are already popular thanks to smartphones and Windows 7. Beckhoff has introduced the CP2xxx and CP3xxx control panels to make the multi-touch technology available for industrial applications.
The completely redesigned multi-touch panels enable new, innovative visualisation concepts with intuitive operation and combine elegance with a robust design. The new panel series also ensures long-term availability and high temperature stability.
Customer-specific adaptations for design, key extensions or RFID increase the degree of flexibility of the multi-touch panels.
Key features of Beckhoff multi-touch control panels and panel PCs:
- Available in various display sizes and formats for high flexibility
- Supports modern widescreen formats and the classic 4:3 formats
- Allows users to simply port their existing HMI solutions to the new devices with no additional effort
- All panels are available in landscape or portrait format (horizontal/vertical)
- Low installation depth and narrow housing edge add elegance
- Robust and industrially compatible thanks to the use of aluminium or stainless steel
- Narrow, circumferential metal impact protector reliably protects the touch screen surface or display against mechanical destruction
- All-glass surface offers maximum resistance to environmental influences
- Projective Capacitive Touchscreen (PCT) technology used for industrial compatibility
- High touch-point density enables accurate and reliable operation
- Glass pane with anti-reflection coating on the display allows operation with work gloves
- Allows zooming, scrolling, object turning or flicks
- Special touch controller prevents faulty operation
- Single-touch mode can be set via Windows OS for applications where multi-touch is not required
- Allows both control cabinet installation and mounting arm installation
- CP2xxx built-in panels with IP 65 protection at the front and IP 20 at the rear
- CP3xxx control panels designed for mounting arm installation with IP 65 protection
- CP29xx and CP39xx series using Beckhoff’s DVI/USB Extended Technology can be operated up to 50m away from the PC
- CP22xx built-in devices also available as panel PCs with Intel Celeron Core i3, i5 or i7 processor