The CX5000 embedded PC series with its robust and compact magnesium housing offers a wide range of communication options through integrated I/O and system interfaces.
Optional master/slave fieldbus and communication interfaces enable flexible integration in subordinate or higher-level systems. The dynamic control system can be operated within an extended temperature range of -25ºC to +60ºC.
Offering the user an exceptional assortment of connectivity solutions, the CX5000 embedded PCs from Beckhoff feature a variety of system interfaces including 2 x Gigabit-Ethernet, 4 x USB and 1 x DVI-D as well as a direct I/O interface for Beckhoff bus terminals and EtherCAT terminals.
The EtherCAT I/O system enables simple integration of unlimited fieldbus devices via communication terminals that range from PROFINET to IO link. Alternatively, fieldbus integration is also possible via the CX5000 embedded PC.
- System can be optionally extended through master or slave fieldbus connections (EtherCAT, PROFIBUS, PROFINET RT, Ethernet/IP, CANopen) or communication interfaces (RS232, RS422/RS485)
- Overall dimensions remain unchanged even with expansion options
- EtherCAT slave application is a programmable, local device in an EtherCAT installation
- DIN rail mounting for the embedded PC series makes it ideal for use as compact industrial PCs for PLC, motion control and visualisation applications
- Device series CX5010, equipped with Intel Atom Z510, 1.1 GHz, and CX5020 with Intel Atom Z530, 1.6 GHz are characterised by very low power dissipation
- Extended operating temperature range enables application in climatically harsh environments
- Fanless embedded PCs have no rotating components, providing optimum stability and operational reliability