The new EP9214 power distributor box from BECKHOFF Automation enables local distribution and switching off of the power supply, providing the ability to exceed the power limitation specified by typical M8 plug connectors.
An innovative I/O solution, the new power box also provides complete diagnostics and control functionality for up to eight 24 V DC branch circuits.
The IP67-rated EtherCAT box I/O modules typically use M8 plug connectors for supplying power, which according to the plug connector standard are only suitable for a maximum amperage of 4 A, making it impossible to simply loop the supply through, when modules have a large number of outputs. Another limitation concerns the cables since the M8 plug connectors can only be used up to a maximum cable cross-section of 0.34mm².
If the cables from the control cabinet to the machine are long, an excessive voltage drop can occur at higher currents. As a result, the 24 V DC voltage (±15/20%) can no longer be maintained and the modules or connected sensors/actuators may not work properly. The EP9214 power box is the ideal solution for these challenges.
Key features of EP9214 power distributor box:
- Equipped with 7/8-inch plug connectors to maintain a total current of 16 A for each control and peripheral voltage with cable cross-sections of 1.5 and 2.5 mm²
- Considerably higher starting currents are briefly permissible at the outputs, guaranteeing trouble-free start-up of the connected devices
- Wiring in the field is significantly simpler and less expensive than equipping the system with additional terminal boxes and fuses
- Monitors input current, as well as the currents in the control channel and the peripheral voltage channel
- Monitoring, limitation and, if necessary, the switching off of the power supply is possible for both channels
- Can be fully controlled via the EtherCAT network
- Current diagnostics can be carried out conveniently via the controller
- Eight 24 V DC voltage circuits can be separately switched on or off directly via EtherCAT to increase the energy efficiency of the plant