The new EtherCAT terminals from Beckhoff handle measurements for temperature or weighing applications. The 4-channel EL3314-0010 thermocouple input terminal, for example meets all requirements for high-precision temperature measurement while the new EL3356-0010 is an analogue input terminal for direct connection to a resistor bridge or load cell.
The EL3314-0010 EtherCAT terminal allows Beckhoff to extend its impressive range of measurement terminals even further by integrating temperature measurement into the standard automation system, eliminating the need for a dedicated and separate measurement system. The analogue input terminal enables direct connection of four thermocouples.
The EtherCAT communication system, in conjunction with high-performance industrial PCs forms the basis for integrating the measuring tasks previously handled by specialised equipment in the standard control platform.
Key features of EL3314-0010 EtherCAT terminals:
- Increased measuring accuracy with sensor type K offering ± 1.8º
- Terminal circuit operates thermocouple sensors in a 2-wire system
- Microprocessor implements linearization over the whole, freely selectable temperature range
- Cold junction compensation dealt with via internal, high-precision temperature measurement
- Can also deal with mV measurements
- High-precision and fast sampling of signal values: every 100 μs, with 24-bit resolution and measuring error of less than ± 0.01 %
- Developed for weighing applications and vibration measurements on moving structures
- Single-channel analogue input terminal enables direct connection of a resistor bridge or a load cell
- Determines the ratio between the bridge voltage UD and the supply voltage UREF with high precision
- Load value output directly as a process value based on the settings in the terminal
- EtherCAT distributed clock functionality achieves high-speed, synchronous data sampling