BECKHOFF Automation offers the new EP6002 2-channel EtherCAT box module in protection class IP 67, enabling the integration of external devices with RS232 or RS422/RS485 serial interfaces into an EtherCAT network.
The new EP6002 EtherCAT box modules allow the direct integration of external devices such as barcode readers or RFID readers with a serial interface in field applications without a control cabinet.
Using selectable RS232 or RS422/RS485 interfaces, the compact IP 67 box module with two channels offers high flexibility for the integration of serial devices into an EtherCAT network.
The EtherCAT box is designed compactly with dimensions of 126mm H x 30mm W x 26.5mm D, making it suitable for space-constrained applications.
Key features of the IP 67 EP6002 EtherCAT box modules:
- Enables simple connection of external devices with RS232 or RS422/RS485 interfaces
- Transmits data transparently to the higher level EtherCAT controller
- Active serial communication channels operate in full duplex mode at up to 115,200 baud
- 864-byte receive buffer and 128-byte transmit buffer are available for temporary storage of data in the EtherCAT Box
- Serial devices are connected via rugged M12 plug connectors
TwinCAT Virtual Serial COM Driver software also enables the EP6002 EtherCAT box to be used without a controller as a COM interface in Windows operating systems.