The TwinSAFE open safety technology is now available to the IP67 environment with the new EP1908 EtherCAT box from BECKHOFF Automation .
Featuring eight 24V DC inputs, the EtherCAT box enables the acquisition of safety sensor signals directly on the machine or plant. The EP1908 conforms to the requirements of IEC 61508 SIL 3 and DIN EN ISO 13849 PLe.
The TwinSAFE safety technology that ensures machine safety in harsh industrial environments is already integrated into the Beckhoff IP20 systems including the bus terminals and EtherCAT terminals.
This is now extended to the IP67 system with the moisture-resistant and dust-resistant EP1908 EtherCAT box.
Key features of the TwinSAFE-integrated EP1908 EtherCAT box:
- Up to 8 safety sensors can be connected to a module using M12 plug connectors
- Necessary logical links of acquired signals are carried out by the IP20 TwinSAFE logic terminal
- Safety application is configured in TwinCAT automation software and loaded via the bus system to a TwinSAFE logic terminal of type KL6904 (Bus Terminal) or EL6900 (EtherCAT Terminal)
- All safety devices in the plant communicate with TwinSAFE logic terminal
- Certified safety function blocks of the logic terminals allow simple and inexpensive implementation of all safety tasks