BECKHOFF Automation presents the new CX2000 series modular embedded PCs, the second generation of the original embedded PC family introduced to the market in 2002.
Multi-core processors are a highlight of the new CX2030 and CX2040 embedded PCs, enabling the embedded controllers to cover performance areas previously reserved for larger, cabinet-mounted industrial PCs.
An internal extension bus based on PCI Express connects the system interfaces with the full bandwidth of a PCI Express lane.
The new CX2000 series includes:
- CX2020: 2nd Generation Intel Celeron @1.4 GHz, single-core
- CX2030: 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 @1.5 GHz, dual-core
- CX2040: 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 @2.1 GHz, quad-core
Similar to the first generation, Beckhoff offers the new CX2000 devices as individual components that the user can order separately and assemble in the field, simply by plugging them together. The CX2000 housing concept combines a metallic basic housing with front panels made of a special screening plastic.
Key features of the CX2000 series embedded PCs:
- Basic CPU module has one DVI port, four USB ports and two Ethernet ports
- Factory-configurable internal slot can optionally perform the function of multiple interfaces
- Modularity is based on PCI Express as the bus system and offers a bandwidth of 5 GT/s per PCIe TX/RX channel
- Enables the connection of a wide variety of interfaces
- Up to 8 serial interfaces can be connected, each implemented in pairs as RS232 or RS422/ RS485
- Number of possible USB interfaces can also be multiplied: four high-speed (480 MB/s) USB 2.0 interfaces can be connected per module
- Offers I/O support and direct connection for Beckhoff Bus Terminals and EtherCAT Terminals
- Supports Microsoft operating systems including Windows Embedded Standard 7 or Windows 8