In conjunction with the KL6583 EnOcean transmitter and receiver module, the new Beckhoff Automation KL6581 EnOcean master terminal offers greater flexibility in terms of planning and bidirectional communication. EnOcean technology facilitates wireless, battery-less sensors, switches, energy harvesters and more for building and home automation. The range of the battery-free transmitter and receiver is extendable up to a maximum data bus length of 500 m (1640 ft) with the connection of up to eight EnOcean modules to the master terminal. That not only brings cost advantages, but also makes the planning of building automation significantly more flexible and simpler.
The KL6581 transmitter and receiver modules offer the following features:
- The KL6581transmitter and receiver modules represent the link between the wireless KL6583 EnOcean transmitter/receiver modules and the application
- Up to eight EnOcean transmitter and receiver modules can be connected to one EnOcean master terminal so the standard range of the EnOcean radio signals can be extended as a result
- When connecting the maximum of eight devices, it is possible to achieve a data bus length of up to 500 m (1640 ft) between the master module and the last KL6583. This makes EnOcean solutions not only more cost-effective, but also more flexible and simpler to plan
- The KL6583 transmitter and receiver modules are connected to the KL6581 master terminal via two wires for the power supply and two wires for the data bus
- The sub-bus employed by Beckhoff is CAN, an economical and interference-resistant bus system with high data security that relays the EnOcean telegrams using an event-controlled method
- The EnOcean transmitter and receiver modules can be installed in visible locations within buildings thanks to its attractive appearance – a plain, round housing with a diameter of 72 mm and a height of 57 mm