The new EL7201 servo terminal for the EtherCAT terminal system from BECKHOFF Automation integrates a complete servo drive for motors up to 200 W into a standard I/O terminal housing.
Integration into the EtherCAT I/O system simplifies cabling and commissioning considerably while reducing spatial requirements and costs.
This cost-efficient and space-saving servo terminal expands the range of compact drive technology solutions for the Beckhoff I/O system.
As an addition to the popular terminals for stepper motors as well as AC and DC motors, Beckhoff now brings an I/O solution for highly-dynamic positioning tasks onto the market.
Key features of the EL7201 servo terminal with resolver interfaces:
- Extremely compact and space-saving design
- High servo performance
- Integrated fast control technology with field-oriented current and PI speed control supports highly dynamic positioning tasks
- Connection of a motor holding brake is also possible in addition to the direct connection of motor and resolver
- Permanent magnet synchronous motors with a rated current of up to 4 A can be connected as loads
- Monitoring of numerous parameters such as overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, terminal temperature or motor load offers maximum operational reliability
- Modern power semiconductors guarantee minimum power loss and enable feedback into the DC-Link when braking
- Fully integrated into the Beckhoff automation software TwinCAT, enabling convenient parameterisation
- Parameterisation takes place via the CAN over EtherCAT profile (CoE) in the case of 3rd-party masters
Scalable servo solution
Beckhoff’s servo terminals cover a broad range of positioning tasks ranging from packaging and assembly machines to small robots.
With EL7201 servo terminals, the range of servo drives from Beckhoff becomes even more finely scalable.
From miniature servo drives up to 200 W in the EtherCAT terminal format to the AX5000 servo drives with 118 kW, Beckhoff offers a wide range of motion control solutions.