The new Beckhoff EtherCAT Box series of stainless steel I/O modules meets the requirements of protection class IP 69K and is designed for direct use on machines in application areas with high hygienic standards such as the food, packaging, chemical and pharmaceutical industries. The rugged and robust I/O modules are available in a wide range of digital and analogue units to cover the typical I/O requirements.
Beckhoff’s new EQ series EtherCAT Box modules with IP 69K protection and stainless steel finish allow processes and signals in hygienically critical areas to be measured, evaluated and controlled directly on the machine with the high performance of EtherCAT.
The EQ series EtherCAT Box meets all ‘hygienic design’ requirements and thrives outside of electrical cabinets. Key hygienic design features include stainless steel housing and screw connections, screws fitted flush without grime-collecting contours, and distributed I/O boxes mounted to the machine or plant by means of mounting brackets to avoid unwanted cavities and joints that can attract dirt.
The EtherCAT Box modules from the EQxxxx series cover an extensive range of I/O signal requirements. The signals are connected via rugged M12 connectors.
- EQ1008-0002: 8-channel digital input, filter 3.0 ms
- EQ1809-0022: 16-channel digital input, filter 3.0 ms
- EQ2008-0002: 8-channel digital output, Imax = 0.5 A
- EQ2809-0022: 16-channel digital output, Imax = 0.5 A
- EQ2339-0022: 16-channel digital input or output, freely selectable
- EQ3174-0002: 4-channel analogue input ±10 V or 0/4…20 mA, parameterisable
- EQ3204-0002: 4-channel analogue input PT100 (RTD)
- EQ3314-0002: 4-channel analogue input, thermocouple
- Stainless steel housing in accordance with protection class IP 69K ensures resistance to corrosion and moisture
- Allows cleaning of the modules with high-pressure cleaners
- Extended temperature range of -25°C to +60°C (storage temperature -40°C to +85°C) allows use in extreme climates
- Integrated EtherCAT interface allows direct connection to an EtherCAT network without an additional Coupler Box
- Each box is a 100% self-contained EtherCAT device and an EtherCAT slave, which can be connected directly to any other EtherCAT device via an Ethernet cable with 100BASE-TX
- Compact dimensions with EQxxxx-0002 series measuring 39 x 160 x 43mm and EQxxxx-0022 series with 16 channels measuring 72 x 160 x 43 mm (W x H x D)