BECKHOFF Automation presents the new AM8000 motor series consisting of rotary synchronous servomotors that feature an innovative single cable technology.
Available in standard and stainless steel designs, Beckhoff’s new AM8000 servomotors are characterised by high dynamics, energy efficiency and low costs. A key product highlight is the new single-cable technology that integrates the power and feedback system in one standard motor cable to reduce material and commissioning costs.
With the introduction of the new AM8000 high-performance servomotors, Beckhoff now offers a complete automation system consisting of PC-based controllers, I/O, drives and motors, from the company’s own development and production.
The new AM8000 servomotors, perfectly matched with servo drives from the AX series on power rating and windings allow Beckhoff to fulfil customer requests even more flexibly.
Key features of Beckhoff’s new AM8000 servomotors:
- Encompasses 6 different motor sizes, each with 2-3 optional overall lengths to cover a wide torque range seamlessly with overlaps
- Motor suitable for universal use can be selected from a stall torque range of 0.9 to 65 Nm
- Sophisticated rotor and stator technology
- Modern salient pole winding technology used in the motor enables higher slot fill factor
- Small end turns in conjunction with a fully encapsulated stator provide robustness and excellent thermal management
- Optimised design and high-quality materials allow energy efficiency to be increased by more than 10%
- Single-cable solution for power and feedback system reduces component and commissioning costs
- Encoder data, rotor position, multi-turn information and status of thermal conditions in the motor are transmitted reliably via a digital interface
- Significant cost savings by eliminating plug connectors and cables at both the motor and controller ends
- Optional backlash-free permanent magnet holding brakes and low-backlash planetary gears