PC- and EtherCAT-based control technology from Beckhoff enables the whole process chain for individual packaging machines and complete packaging lines to be controlled and monitored.
Revolutionising drive technology in a compact design, the new XTS (eXtended Transport System) makes completely new concepts for packaging machines possible, replacing classical mechanics with innovative mechatronics and enabling individual product transport with a continuous flow of material. The eXtended Transport System in compact design offers a high degree of flexibility for product changes for consumer goods.
All processes from filling, forming, sealing, labelling, collecting and re-packing to palletising, can be realised throughout with industrial PCs and TwinCAT automation software.
New Beckhoff products on show at FachPack include the new multi-touch panel series and a complete control solution in stainless steel design for the food industry.
The new XTS drive system from Beckhoff offers new freedom for mechanical engineering with the motor completely integrated together with power electronics and displacement measurement.
Key features of BECKHOFF XTS drive technology:
- Transported material can be accumulated and grouped during the movement
- Synchronisation, stopping and starting can be accomplished at any of the stations on the entire path
- Mechanical grippers can be dispensed with
- Maximum use of the machine volume: outward and return paths as well as the curves can actively transport material
- Movers can always run with the flow of the product with no return trip or return stroke necessary
- Change of format can be accomplished when changing products without stopping production
Open automation solutions for the packaging industry
TwinCAT combines PLC, motion control, high-precision measurement technology, condition monitoring and robotics on a single platform, allowing all processing steps to be handled by a single PC. PLC libraries and function blocks provide readymade solutions tailored for the packaging industry.