The team at BCA Friction Materials
can effectively remanufacture and reline brake shoes that are used across a range of industries, from mining and manufacturing through to agriculture and marine.
The company can typically bond and/or rivet brake shoes within 1-2 days, which represents a considerable time and cost saving.
The relining and remanufacturing service consists of a five step process.
– the company’s experienced team inspects the wear on all surfaces of the used brake shoes, and parts are inspected for cracks and structural integrity.
– brake shoes are delined and mechanically cleaned to ensure they are ready for bonding, and to ensure the highest quality bond.
– the new friction material is coated with an adhesive to ensure the bonding process is completed successfully.
– once bonding is completed the brake shoes are radius ground to suit the required diameter.
– the company’s quality control officer goes back over the four stages to ensure the finished re-manufactured and relined brake shoes match customer specifications.