The Anton Paar Alcohol monitor consists of a density transducer DPRn427(I) and an mPDS evaluation unit.
The Anton Paar Alcohol monitor’s high accuracy and reliability ensure efficient quality control and product monitoring of the ethanol concentration at the rectifier column (190 Proof) and condenser (200 Proof) for industrial ethanol producers or at the outlet of the pot still and in blending process for spirits distilleries.
How is the density measured?
The DPRn 427(I) transducer contains an oscillating U-tube system. DPRn 427(I) transducer is excited and kept oscillating at its resonant frequency by two coils and an electronic circuit. The oscillation period and sample temperature are measured and transferred to an evaluation unit (mPDS 2000V3) for data processing.
Alcohol Monitor - Features
- High resolution and repeatability up to 0.01% w/w (90 to 100%)
- Short response time (< 1 sec.)
- No moving parts, long working life
- Robust IP65 housing
- Intrinsically safe to EEx ia IIC T6 (optional)
- Wetted parts made of Hastelloy C276
- DPRn 427 intrinsically safe density transducer
- mPDS 2000V3 evaluation unit
- IPS 501 Intrinsically safe barrier
- Alcohol software: % alcohol, % H2O, temperature, density, Proof
- 0 to 100% (v/v) or (w/w)
- 0 to 200 Proof
- -25 to 125 degrees C
Accuracy & repeatability:
- 0.00005 g/cm3 / 0.00001 g/cm3
- 0.05 / 0.02% w/w (0 - 90%)
- 0.03 / 0.0% w/w (90-100%)
On-line Ethanol Monitor is available from B-R Controls.