World-leading specialist in network video solutions, Axis Communications presents an improved range of thermal network cameras designed to offer superior VGA resolution.
The VGA resolution and the large variety of lens alternatives in the two new cameras, AXIS Q1922 and AXIS Q1922-E ensure better image quality and extended detection range.
Providing more pixels on the detected object, the VGA resolution significantly increases reliability and facilitates integration of intelligent video applications to improve surveillance efficiency.
The new Axis thermal network cameras are ideal for cost efficient 24/7 area or perimeter surveillance of security applications such as airports, power plants and harbours.
According to Wai King Wong, Regional Manager South Pacific, Axis Communications, the new AXIS Q1922/-E surveillance cameras follow up on the success of their first thermal network camera series.
In addition to enhanced detection quality and range, the greater resolution will also enable easy and reliable integration of third party applications such as trip-wire and motion detection offered by Axis’ wide network of development partners.
He adds that the AXIS Q1922/-E thermal network cameras allow businesses to easily incorporate thermal surveillance technologies into their existing network video system to further enhance their round-the-clock perimeter monitoring in low light conditions.
Thermal IP cameras create images based on the heat that radiates from any object, vehicle or person, allowing the cameras to see through complete darkness and deliver images that enable operators to detect and act on suspicious activity.
AXIS Q1922 is designed for indoor surveillance, while AXIS Q1922-E is an IP66-rated, outdoor-ready camera.
Key features of AXIS Q1922/-E thermal network cameras:
- Four available lens alternatives sustain maximum flexibility in range and field of view, ranging from 300m up to 1800m
- 640x480 VGA resolution
- Advanced image processor improves effective area and perimeter surveillance
- Supports key IP surveillance features such as H.264 and Motion JPEG, two-way audio, local storage and PoE
- Tampering alarm, motion detection and AXIS Camera Application Platform supported
- Handles difficult weather conditions better than conventional cameras, allowing operators to see through haze, dust and smoke
- Supported by video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner program as well as AXISCamera Station
- Also supports the ONVIF specification for interoperability of network video products