Network video specialist Axis Communications introduces a new rugged range of video encoders designed to enable flexible migration of analogue cameras into an IP-based video surveillance system in challenging conditions.
AXIS Q7424-R video encoders are ideal for demanding applications such as traffic monitoring as well as surveillance at airports, railway stations and various public places.
According to Wai King Wong, Country Manager, South Pacific, the new AXIS Q7424-R video encoders are designed as versatile and rugged video encoders to withstand tough conditions such as vibrations, shocks and extreme temperatures to offer customers extreme flexibility.
Key features of AXIS Q7424-R video encoders:
- Complies with the American NEMA TS-2 standard for temperature, vibration and shock
- Supports operating temperatures of -40ºC to +75ºC
- Encodes one to four analogue video sources
- Supports IP surveillance features such as H.264 and Motion JPEG, two-way audio, Edge storage with built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot and PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- 1 Gbps SFP slot for fibre connection as well as an Ethernet port
- Powerful event management capabilities with embedded intelligent video features such as tampering alarm, motion detection and audio detection
- Supports AXIS Camera Application Platform applications on one video channel
- Pan, tilt and zoom support enables control of analogue PTZ cameras
- Can be used with AXIS T8604 Media Converter Switch, providing 2 SFP slots and 2 Ethernet ports for more network interface flexibility
- Supported by AXIS Camera Station video management software
- Also supports the ONVIF specification for interoperability of network video products