Network video specialist, Axis Communications introduces AXIS Q60-C PTZ dome network cameras designed for reliable video surveillance in desert environments.
The integrated active cooling allows the high-speed pan/tilt/zoom cameras with powerful zoom and resolutions up to HDTV 1080p to operate in temperatures up to 75ºC.
The ability of the new easy-to-install and highly compact IP cameras to withstand sandstorms helps them meet the military standard, MIL-STD-810G. The PTZ cameras are ideal for use at construction, mining and oil/gas sites along pipeline installations as well as for city surveillance applications.
Wai King Wong, Country Manager, South Pacific, Axis Communications explains that the AXIS Q60-C PTZ dome network cameras can withstand extreme heat and harsh conditions in desert areas, which make up about one-third of the Earth’s land surface and comprise of mining, oil and gas fields, pipeline installations as well as cities that need surveillance.
According to Wong, surveillance cameras with moving parts operating in desert environments need to have a high enough operating temperature to ensure optimal and reliable performance because direct exposure to sunlight can cause the camera to get heated to a temperature of at least 15ºC over the surrounding temperature.
This would require a camera to be able to operate at 60ºC or higher if the air temperature is 45ºC. Inability to do so will result in extra wear and tear and a shortened life span for the camera.
AXIS Q60-C PTZ dome network cameras are available in three models including AXIS Q6032-C (with extended D1 resolution and 35x optical zoom), AXIS Q6034-C (with HDTV 720p and 18x optical zoom) and AXIS Q6035-C (with HDTV 1080p and 20x optical zoom).
Key features of AXIS Q60-C PTZ dome network cameras:
- Operating temperature range of +75ºC to -20ºC
- Integrated advanced climate control system can handle rapid temperature changes to eliminate condensation
- IP66 and NEMA 4X-rated cameras with dustproof and waterproof construction
- Meets MIL-STD-810G military standard
- Connected to a media converter switch that provides two SFP optical fibre slots and two RJ-45 connectors
- Can be cost-effectively connected to the network in a daisy chain over long distances using fibre optic or standard network cables
- Media converter switch enables the camera to connect to external alarm devices via two configurable input/output ports, and to 12 V power
- Supports day and night functionality
- Wide dynamic range, H.264 and Motion JPEG
- Automatic guard tour and alarm management
- Intelligent video capabilities include auto-tracking, Active Gatekeeper and other video analytic applications from Axis’ partners
- ONVIF conformant
- Supported by AXIS Camera Station video management software