The ARTPEC-4 is a new system-on-chip from Axis Communications designed to significantly enhance image quality and video analytics performance in Axis’ network video cameras and video encoders.
Designed for network video products, the ARTPEC-4 system-on-chip offers video with lower noise and higher light sensitivity for sharper images of moving objects.
Key benefits of the ARTPEC-4 system-on-chip include better HDTV images, increased flexibility and lowered costs for network and storage.
The ARTPEC-4 system-on-chip is a key enabler of Axis’ unique Lightfinder technology, which allows cameras to ‘see’ clearly in dark and low-light conditions.
The Lightfinder technology is included in the award-winning AXIS Q1602 network cameras, among the most light sensitive surveillance cameras in the market.
With the market moving from analogue video surveillance to IP surveillance solutions, video encoders are generating significant interest from the market. ARTPEC-4 offers improved de-interlacing and multi-channel video ports on one chip, lowering the cost per port for video encoders and enabling more affordable, multi-channel video encoder products.
Key features of ARTPEC-4 system-on-chip:
- Improved H.264 compression
- Supports simultaneous H.264 and Motion JPEG streams
- Built-in multiple streaming allows video streams to be optimised individually
- Powerful CPU and a coprocessor for more processing power for intelligent video analysis
- Benefits analytics applications running on the AXIS Camera Application Platform for scalable, distributed analytics in video surveillance
- Optimised for Axis branded video encoders and cameras