Axis Communications announces a new range of compact and affordable network cameras with wireless and edge storage capabilities.
Ideal for securing locations such as small businesses, boutiques, restaurants, hotels and residences, Axis M1043-W and Axis M1044-W network cameras offer local recording of video and audio, wireless capability and smart video surveillance features.
According to Erik Frännlid, Director of Product Management, Axis Communications, new features in the Axis M1043-W and Axis M1044-W wireless cameras include edge storage and support for wireless 802.11n standard with WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) for easy and secure wireless network.
He believes that the small and smart design of the network cameras combined with new features will make them the ideal choice for small business, retail and residential video surveillance systems. The edge storage capability helps build cost-efficient and reliable recording solutions, and can also be used to achieve redundancy in a system.
Key features of the Axis M10 Series network cameras:
- Provides excellent video quality at 30 frames per second in both SVGA (Axis M1043-W) and HDTV 720p (Axis M1044-W) resolutions
- Wireless capabilities with WiFi Protected Setup protocol simplify security configuration on wireless networks
- Combination of wireless 802.11n standard and WPS protocol guarantees user-friendly operation and high network security
- Edge storage includes support for local storage on micro-SDHC cards as well as recording to Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Passive infrared (PIR) sensor detects movement even in the dark
- White LED light illuminates the scene automatically when motion is detected or when requested by the user
- Supports two-way audio with an integrated microphone and speaker, allowing remote users to listen in on an area as well as communicate with visitors or intruders
- I/O ports (1 input and 1 output) for connecting devices such as sensors and external relays to activate lights or open/close doors
- Supported by a large base of video management software through Axis’ Application Development Partner Program and Axis Camera Station
- Support for Axis Camera Application Platform and Axis Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection for managing video monitoring systems over the Internet