Market leader in network video solutions, Axis Communications introduces two new fixed network cameras designed for surveillance in highly variable lighting conditions indoors or outdoors.
Axis Q1604 indoor network cameras and Axis Q1604-E outdoor network cameras are ideal for demanding scenarios, for instance when light comes through a glass window or entrance creating both dark and bright zones, by allowing the user to easily and clearly identify people and objects.
The new Axis network cameras are perfectly suited for monitoring of entrances, buildings with large windows and tunnel passages in airport, train station, government and city surveillance applications.
Erik Frännlid, Director of Product Management, Axis Communications says that Axis’ exceptional ‘dynamic capture’ capability adapted for wide dynamic range scenarios allows these cameras to handle blinding light and provide superb images in difficult lighting conditions.
Axis Q1604/-E network cameras provide clear images even under backlight conditions where intensity of illumination can vary greatly. Both cameras deliver progressive scan image quality at 1MP/HDTV 720p resolution and multiple, individually configurable H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams simultaneously.
Wide dynamic range with dynamic capture works by acquiring several images with different exposure times. Advanced image processing will result in a video with exceptional clarity and sharpness, ensuring that no part of the image is too dark or too bright, making the feature especially beneficial in environments where backlight or intense contrasts are an issue.
Key features of the new Axis Q1604/-E network cameras:
- Both indoor and outdoor-ready cameras deliver progressive scan image quality
- Day and night functionality, varifocal lens, remote back focus and support for two-way audio
- IP66- and NEMA 4X-rated Axis Q1604-E comes with a wall mount bracket and sunshield, and is protected from dust, rain, snow and sun
- Axis Q1604-E can operate in temperatures from -40ºC to +50ºC
- Supported by a large base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program and Axis Camera Station
- Support for Axis Camera Application Platform and Axis Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection for managing video monitoring systems over the Internet