Axis Communications presents a new range of network cameras designed for excellent video quality and edge storage support, making them ideal for surveillance applications in small businesses and residences.
The AXIS M1013 and AXIS M1014 network cameras are a new line of affordable and indoor cameras featuring a compact design and offering support for edge storage, making them suitable for securing locations such as small businesses, boutiques, restaurants, hotels and residences.
According to Wai King Wong, Country Manager, South Pacific, Axis Communication, the two new network cameras offer superb video quality in both SVGA and HDTV, and support for edge storage and AXIS Camera Companion, enabling their installation in retail and other environments that require dependable video surveillance at an affordable cost. AXIS Camera Companion is a recently launched intuitive and cost-effective IP video solution designed for small installations.
Support for MicroSDHC cards enables video to be recorded to a MicroSDHC memory card in each camera, reducing cost, simplifying installation and ensuring that there is no single point of failure in the system.
He adds that the cameras allow store owners, homeowners and various users to experience the resolution, full frame rate, and colour fidelity of HDTV surveillance without compromising the budget.
Key features of AXIS M1013 and AXIS M1014 network cameras:
- AXIS M1014 offers HDTV 720p/1 megapixel resolution while AXIS M1013 offers SVGA resolution
- H.264 compression reduces storage and bandwidth needs
- Edge storage includes support for storage on MicroSDHC cards as well as recording to network shares such as Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Allows users to build cost-efficient and reliable recording solutions, and can be used to achieve redundancy in a system
- Support for AXIS Camera Companion, Hosted Video and ONVIF for easy camera system integration