Network video specialist Axis Communications has introduced an affordable range of pan/tilt/zoom dome cameras for indoor and outdoor surveillance.
The pan/tilt/zoom or PTZ dome cameras feature 360º pan for overview surveillance and 12x optical zoom for detailed views.
AXIS P5512/-E PTZ dome network cameras are compactly designed measuring less than 19cm in width and are ideal as surveillance cameras in stores, banks, warehouses, parking lots, construction sites and business premises.
Wai King Wong, Axis’ Country Manager ANZ says that the introduction of the new AXIS P5512/-E dome cameras makes Axis’ professional line of PTZ domes even more affordable to any user requiring full 360º pan for broad surveillance coverage, and 12x optical zoom with auto focus for sharp, detailed views.
He adds that the AXIS P5512/-E dome cameras enable users to remotely monitor and secure one or more business locations.
Key features of AXIS P5512/-E dome cameras:
- Day and night functionality allows the camera to automatically change to black and white mode in low light conditions for clearer video
- Enables full frame rate 4CIF resolution video in H.264 and Motion JPEG
- H.264 greatly optimises bandwidth and storage use without compromising image quality
- Supports Motion JPEG for increased flexibility
- Multiple streams configured at different frame rates or resolution can be sent simultaneously
- Indoor AXIS P5512 model has an IP51 rating for protection against dust and dripping water, enabling the camera to function even when a sprinkler system is activated
- Indoor camera comes with a mounting kit for discreet hard-ceiling and drop-ceiling installations
- Outdoor AXIS P5512-E model has IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings for protection against rain, snow, sun and dust
- No additional enclosures are needed for the outdoor cameras, saving time and money, and minimising installation mistakes
- Indoor and outdoor models are powered using Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af
- PoE feature further simplifies installation since only one cable is required for power, video and PTZ controls
- Audio support in the indoor cameras enables users to remotely listen in and communicate with, for example, intruders
- Audio function triggers an alarm when unusual sounds are detected
- Indoor camera can also connect to external devices such as sensors and relays
- Outdoor cameras support AXIS Camera Application Platform, which enables the installation of video analytic applications from Axis’ partners
- Built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot enables recordings to be stored locally
- Cameras are supported by AXIS Camera Station video management software