Phillips 66 X/C aviation oils available from Avanti Chemicals are a line of FAA-approved mineral oil-based, ashless dispersant, multiviscosity aviation engine oils.
Phillips 66 X/C aviation oil provides excellent performance in a wide variety of aviation applications including flight schools, charter and cargo airlines, acrobatic aircraft, spray planes, race planes as well as any general aviation application.
Features and benefits of Phillips 66 X/C aviation oils
- Ashless dispersant multigrade oil helps minimise engine sludge, varnish as well as piston and combustion chamber deposits resulting in a cleaner engine
- Distinct performance benefits with easier starting and faster oil circulation at low temperatures compared to single grade oils
- Reduced warm-up time and cooler operating temperatures compared to single grade oils
- Maintains high film strength for protection against wear and piston scuffing, even under high-load conditions such as takeoff and elevated operating temperatures
- Provides cleaner and quicker break-in than traditional all-mineral, non-additised, single grade oils
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Reduces oil consumption in most engines
- Suitable for year-round use
Phillips 66 X/C 20W 50 Aviation Oils
Phillips 66 X/C 20W 50 aviation oils are recommended for use in opposed piston engines. These aviation oils are ideal for use during break-in and then as the operational oil until overhaul.
Phillips 66 X/C 25W 60 Aviation Oils
Phillips 66 X/C 25W 60 aviation oils are recommended for use in radial piston engines or other aviation piston engines originally designed to run on heavier-grade oils such as US military grade 120. These aviation oils are ideal for use during break-in and then as the operational oil until overhaul.
Phillips 66 X/C aviation oils meet the requirements of:
- Avco Lycoming Material Specification No. 301G
- Pratt & Whitney Bulletin No. 1183 ‘U’
- SAE Standard J1899
- Teledyne Continental Material Specification MHS-24B
- US Military Specification MIL-L-22851D for additive treatment
- QPL Approval Numbers: D07L1-20W-50 and D07L1-25W-60