Phillips 66 Type A 100AW aviation oil from Avanti Chemicals is an ashless dispersant, single-grade aviation engine oil formulated for use in opposed piston engines.
Phillips 66 100AW aviation oil is pre-blended with the correct concentration of anti-wear additive (LW-16702) mandated by Lycoming Service Bulletins 446 and 471 as well as Service Instruction 1409.
Key features of Phillips 66 100AW Aviation Engine Oil
- Ashless dispersant formulation helps minimise the formation of engine sludge, varnish, piston and combustion chamber deposits for a cleaner engine
- Pre-blended with Lycoming-approved anti-wear additive
- High-film strength for protection against wear and piston scuffing
- High-viscosity index and low pour point compared to other single-grade aircraft engine oils allowing its use over a wide temperature range
- Protects against rust and corrosion
Phillips 100AW aviation engine oil is recommended for use in opposed piston aircraft engines.
Phillips 100AW meets the requirements of:
- Avco Lycoming Material Specification No. 301G
- Pratt & Whitney Bulletin No. 1183 ‘U’
- SAE Standard J1899
- Teledyne Continental Material Specification MHS-24B
- US Military Specification MIL-L-22851D for additive treatment
- QPL approval number: D07L2-50